Category: Weird Articles
Published on Tuesday, 30 September 2014 00:00
There was much uproar just a couple of months ago about the Singapore National Library Board pulling three children books from its catalogue after someone complained that the books were not “pro-family”. In other words, the content of the books forayed into Singapore's taboo territory and talked about same sex couples and single parenthood. If any non-Singaporean is reading this and feeling confused, yes, Singapore is a very conservative and close-minded country, and many frown upon homosexuality and single parenthood. Basically it's like we are still living in the 1800s. So imagine what would happen if these 19 children books featured below with incredibly disturbing moments found its way into Singapore libraries. We might just have to raze our libraries down to the ground.
1. This touchy-feely book got creepy real fast
2. Look into those eyes devoid of soul and follow its chilling instruction
3. An accidental word association... or is it?
4. Promoting stalker-like behavior
5. Henry offering Thomas some “special coal”
6. The King of the Jungle demands it
7. A dog smoking a pipe
8. This Dr. Seuss rhino's horn resembles something else if you know what I mean ;)
9. Fun in the snow! She likes it in her face
10. Seamen doing what seamen do best
11. It is spelled D-E-M-O-N, not B-O-Y
12. Badly positioned sticker
13. How about introducing this game at parties?
14. Very helpful diagram of a horse and a human compared side by side
15. Yes means yes, and no still means yes
16. Early sex ed
18. Scientific guide to elephants
19. Is it fuzzy?