Category: Career Advice
Created on Tuesday, 24 May 2011 05:05
Written by Winnie Tan
For almost anything, planning is of importance if you intend to succeed. Like the saying goes, "If you fail to plan, then you plan to fail". So make sure you have a check against the items below before you head out for that all-important interview!Paper Preparation
1. Research the place you are interviewing at.
2. Think through what questions the interviewer might ask and prepare the answers accordingly.
3. Give some thought to concrete examples of how you may contribute to the company as well as how relevant your achievements are.
4. Have your reasons for wanting to join the company ready.
5. Prepare some questions to ask the interviewer at the end of the interview.Before the Interview
6. Have your outfit ready.
7. Plan your interview route and give yourself ample time to arrive at least 10 minutes early.
8. Bring two extra copies of your resume for the interviewers, just in case. On the day of the interview
9. Check your outfit before stepping out of your home.
10. Make sure you arrive early, and go to the washroom for a last check on your outfit before you enter the interview room.
11. Visualise a successful interview in your head.
12. Be aware of your body language.
13. Enunciate your words clearly and be careful not to speak too quickly or be too long-winded.
14. Be enthusiastic.
15. Thank your interviewers before you leave. Related links: How to Ace your Interviews and Get your Dream Job
, Facing a Video Interview
, The Guide to Job Hunting in Today's World